I know once people get connected to real food, they never change back … Check This Amazing Recipe: Easy ramen noodles
How to Make Easy ramen noodles
less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- small handful fresh greens, such as spinach or chopped cabbage
- 1 pack instant ramen noodles
- ½ tsp flavourful fat, such as lard, bacon fat, sesame oil, chilli oil
- 1 tbsp pickled vegetables, such as bamboo shoots
- slices of roasted pork, ham or chicken
- 1 spring onion
Bring a saucepan of water to a rolling boil, carefully lower in the egg and cook for 6½ minutes.
Remove the egg and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Leave to cool completely (change the water once or twice if it starts to warm up). Peel the egg and, if you have time, marinade it in the soy sauce and mirin for an hour (optional).
Blanch the greens in boiling water until hot through and just tender. Prepare the instant ramen according to the pack instructions. Halve the egg.
Garnish the ramen with the fat (if using), egg, greens, pickles, meat and spring onion.