I watch cooking change the cook, just as it transforms the food … Check This Amazing Recipe: Chicken satay
How to Make Chicken satay
less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
- 450g/1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ tbsp groundnut (peanut) oil
For the marinade
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp cornflour
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame paste or smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chilli
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chilli oil
- 2 tbsp Chinese white rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 50g/2oz thinly sliced onions
- 100g/4oz thinly sliced cucumbers
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the marinade ingredients, stirring to combine. Add the chicken, mix well and leave to marinate, covered, for at least 20 minutes at room temperature. Drain, discarding the marinade.
For the sauce, put all the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Heat a wok over high heat until it is very hot, then add the groundnut oil. When the oil is very hot and slightly smoking, add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for another five minutes until the chicken is browned.
Turn the heat down to low, add the sauce and continue to stir-fry for another five minutes.
Turn onto a warm platter, garnish with the onion and cucumber and serve at once.