I watch cooking change the cook, just as it transforms the food … Check This Amazing Recipe: Easy vegetable curry
How to Make Easy vegetable curry
less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- ½ cauliflower
- 3 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp medium or hot curry powder
- 1 x 227g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml/10fl oz vegetable or chicken stock (made with ½ cube), gluten-free if required
- 100g/3½oz frozen peas or two large handfuls young spinach
- plain yoghurt or vegan alternative, to serve
- mango chutney
Half-fill a saucepan with cold water and add the potatoes and carrots. Bring to the boil and cook for 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower florets and cook for 2 minutes more. Drain in a colander and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wide-based saucepan. Add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 8 minutes or until well softened and lightly browned, stirring regularly. Sprinkle over the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds more, stirring.
Add the tomatoes to the onions and cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the vegetables and peas or spinach and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. If the sauce thickens too much, add a splash of water.
Serve immediately with yoghurt and mango chutney.