My best hostess tip is to have good food and really good music … Check This Amazing Recipe: Chashu pork ramen
How to Make Chashu pork ramen
less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
- 750g/1lb 10oz ramen noodles)
- drizzle sesame oil
- 2.5 litres/4½ pints toridashi stock
- 30g/1oz fresh root ginger
- 2 garlic
- 10 fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 100g/3½oz shimeji mushrooms
- 200g/7oz soya beansprouts)
- 50g/1¾oz sliced bamboo shoots
- 100g/3½oz enoki mushrooms
- 200g/7oz choi sum, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 500g/1lb 2oz chashu pork
- 4 spring onion
- 1 long red chilli
- 4 whole tomago eggs
To serve (optional)
- Japanese shop-bought chilli oil
- shichimi togarashi (Japanese seven-spice seasoning
- dried tuna flakes
Cook the noodles following the instructions on the packet. Once cooked, drain and drizzle with a little sesame oil to stop the noodles from sticking.
Heat the stock in a large pan with the ginger, garlic, shiitake mushrooms and carrots.
Simmer for 5-8 minutes. Add the shimeji mushrooms.
Carefully arrange the warm noodles, beansprouts, bamboo shoots, enoki mushrooms, choi sum and sliced pork in four large serving bowls.
Carefully pour the stock over the pork and vegetables with a ladle. Top with the spring onions and sliced chilli.
Carefully half the eggs and place on the top of each serving.
Serve at once with a drizzle of chilli oil, a sprinkling of shichimi togarashi (Japanese seven-spice seasoning) and a flourish of dried tuna flakes (if liked).