My weaknesses have always been food and men – in that order … Check This Amazing Recipe: Easy minestrone soup
How to Make Easy minestrone soup
less than 30 mins
30 mins to 1 hour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 1–2 sticks celery
- 400g/14oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- roughly three mugs of assorted vegetables, such as carrots, celery, courgette, leek, peas or cabbage, peeled and cut into small chunks)
- 400g/14oz tin borlotti or cannellini beans
- ½–1 mug cooked pasta
- Parmesan rind, it can be used to flavour the soup too!)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pour the oil into a large non-stick saucepan or flameproof casserole. Add the onion and celery, if using, and fry gently for 5 minutes, or until softened and lightly browned, stirring often.
Add the chopped tomatoes and refill the tomatoes tin twice with cold water and pour into the pan. Add the chicken or vegetable stock cube. Add the dried mixed herbs or oregano (along with the parmesan rind if using). Add any hard, raw vegetable pieces, such as carrot, parsnip, squash or potato and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When the harder vegetables have softened, add the raw green vegetables, such as small broccoli florets, shredded kale or cabbage, green beans and courgette. Simmer for 3 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Add any cooked vegetables or beans you are adding with the cooked pasta or rice. Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Ladle into deep bowls and serve topped with grated cheese.