Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are … Check This Amazing Recipe: Black bean and avocado salad
How to Make Black bean and avocado salad
less than 30 mins
no cooking required
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 jalapeño peppers (or 1 red chilli), finely chopped, to taste
- 1 garlic
- pinch ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 3 x 400g tins cooked black beans
- large handful chopped fresh coriander
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped into wedges, seeds removed (or 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 5 spring onions
- 200g/7oz fresh watercress
- 2 large ripe avocados
Put all of the dressing ingredients in a jam jar, replace the lid and shake until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add more chilli if desired.
For the salad, rinse the black beans under cold running water and drain. Put in a large mixing bowl and pour over half of the dressing.
Add the remaining salad ingredients, apart from the watercress and avocado and stir well to combine.
To serve, divide the watercress among 4 serving plates. Spoon the salad on top, then cover with the avocado cubes. Drizzle a little more dressing over each portion.