Truly, love is delightful and pleasant food, supplying, as it does, rest to the weary, strength to the weak, and joy to the sorrowful. It in fact renders the yoke of truth easy and its burden light … Check This Amazing Recipe: Campfire stew
How to Make Campfire stew
less than 30 mins
1 to 2 hours
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions
- 2 red peppers
- 4 garlic
- 4 celery
- 2 carrots
- 300g/10½oz peeled butternut squash
- 500ml/18fl oz chicken stock
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g tin cannellini beans
- 400g tin red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 1½ tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- 600g/1lb 5oz lean, thick gammon
- salt and freshlly ground back pepper
Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Spray a wide, ovenproof casserole dish with the low-calorie cooking spray.
Add the onion and peppers and stir-fry for 4–5 minutes over a medium–high heat to soften.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Cover and bake for 1½ hours, or until the gammon is tender and the sauce has thickened.
Season and serve with steamed vegetables.